Saturday 16 May 2015

Portraits & Sketches

I think that I am using fine clutch pencils more often than standard pencils now. I like the accuracy and economy of line  that can be achieved with really fine clutch pencils, though if you need to cover ground standard pencils are what you need.

Gabby - Pencil on paper A4 size

Next up is an oil portrait (from a while ago) that has so much wrong about it that it shouldn't work. Still, the likeness is reasonable so I include it in this post.

Gela - Oil on canvas 16 X 20 inches

1 comment:

  1. wow Michael, the one of Gabby is adorable, she's gorgeous. I like the one of Gela too, eyes are beautiful, but the face looks a little fatter but the colour tone beautiful....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting about this post.
If you are interested in further information about any of my work please send me an email: raftermj@gmail.com