Saturday 25 July 2015

More from Plein Air week

Our most enjoyable week on the Cosby Estate, Stradbally painting en Plein air has come to an end. Tonight as I clean my palette and brushes I feel quite drained but satisfied by the experience. It was great to see the different approaches of the other artists and also to make many new friends. Jock Nichol has helped us to really see the landscape. Here is a small selection of photos taken during the week.


Muireann Ni Chonaill opening Jock Nichol's Plein Air exhibition and week-long workshop



Stradbally Hall (would have spent all week on this to finish) - Oil on canvas- 14 x 18 inches

An attentive bunch
Jock making it look so simple
I make it look so laboured

View from my easel
Completed oil on canvas - 14 x 18 inches
Closing exhibition

Closing exhibition

For more visit:  www.arthouse.ie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting about this post.
If you are interested in further information about any of my work please send me an email: raftermj@gmail.com