Tuesday 9 July 2019

Dylan Thomas pilgrimage - Laugharne Carmarthenshire

Laugharne Castle early morning - oil on canvas panel (18" x 26")
Dylan Thomas Boathouse Laugharne - oil on canvas panel (14" x 18")


View of Taf estuary into Carmarthen Bay - oil on canvas panel (12" x 16")

The Grist - oil on canvas panel (12" x 16")
This group of early morning plein air oil sketches of Laugharne were complete over last week. Beautiful summer weather made it easy to get out early. Setting up my easel before 6.30am and working until 9am meant that I had to paint quickly. Laugharne is a beautiful place with friendly local people. I can see why Dylan Thomas kept coming back to the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting about this post.
If you are interested in further information about any of my work please send me an email: raftermj@gmail.com